Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I guess I deserved that...

I got pulled over today. For speeding. First time in 18 years...what're ya gonna do? The officer wrote me up for 15 over, instead of 17 over. Thank you...thank you very much. I am sure that will help immensely.
Seriously, I am not one to blame others, I was speeding, I deserve the ticket. But c'mon, have a heart! I had a screaming...dare I say, bellowing 3 month old in the back seat, and I just wanted to get somehwere where I could hold him. I would have hoped that my driving record would have led him to cut me some slack. Turns out, not so much.
Let's add to that the fact that my license and registration are from two different states. That helped. The conversation went something like this:
Officer: You live in GA?
Me: Yes sir
Officer: Then who does this car belong to?
Me: Well, it is mine, but my husband takes care of the registration...I am not sure why he hasn't changed it over.
Officer (shakes head like he doesn't believe me, and that I am an idiot): Did you used to live in TN?
Me: Yes, we did.
Officer: How long have you lived here?
Me (lie): about 6 months
Officer (again giving me that "you are an idiot" look): You have 30 days to change it.
Me: I am so sorry...

Yeah, so that helped me get a ticket, too. I had asked Mark what would happen if I got pulled over and my license and registration didn't match. He told me not to worry, just tell them it was his car. Great advice, again, thanks. I told him I would tell the officer that it belonged to my husband and that we were separated. Kinda wish I had gone with that one, right about now...

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Yay! I love that you have started a blog. :) You have a way with words that can really paint a picture. I look forward to stalking you. lol